How To Make Popular Chinese Dishes Like Beef Ribs
It is not surprising to see that popular Chinese
We will give this recipe a Korean twist just for the sake of it. We promise that you will love this dish. It will still be somewhat Chinese since Chinese dishes have inspired many Asian dishes.
What to Prepare for Your Beef Ribs Dish
- To cook beef ribs and add it to your list of Chinese dishes that you can confidently cook, prepare beef ribs, carrot, radish, sliced chestnuts, garlic, gingkoes, and dates. You also need some water, water pear, sesame, soy sauce, Chinese cooking wine, sesame oil, and sugar.
- You may be wondering why sugar? Well, beef ribs are often consumed hot and spicy. However, the Chinese love their adding some sweet and sour flavor to their dishes. You will see this in the popularity of sweet and sour dishes served in Chinese restaurants.
- To prepare the dish, cut the beef ribs into medium-sized pieces. You do not want to cut them too fine or small. Ribs are meant to be large or medium in size. Depending on the number of people, prepare the appropriate amount of ribs for your dish.
- Cooking Chinese dishes requires excellent skills in working with a knife. You will need to buy different knives for these dishes, too. It may seem overwhelming at first, but once you get used to using a knife, you will enjoy the slicing and cutting part.
Preparing Beef Ribs Using The Wok
- Before taking out the wok, blanch the beef ribs in a large cooking pot with water. Then rinse the water and drain the beef ribs. Now, peel and chop the carrots and radish. You can cut them into medium-sized pieces, not too thin or delicate.
- With the help of the wok, add the beef ribs and seasonings. Reduce the flame to low and cook for 60 minutes. You can also add vegetables like chestnuts, garlic, radish, dates, and carrots. After an hour, you can uncover and add the gingkoes.
- Allow it to cook for another 10 minutes and make sure that the beef ribs are tender and juicy. You can garnish it with sesame seeds and eggs. Chinese dishes like beef ribs are best paired with rice and bread.
- As you can see, it is quite simple to prepare. For preparing popular Chinese dishes just like the ones found in the restaurants, you need to use fresh ingredients. The Chinese love to use herbs and light ingredients in their food items.
- This way, the food prepared is light and healthy. You will be amazed to know that their medicinal values revolve around food. You do not find them consuming medicines for cold and fever. They rely on food like soup and herbal tea. Chinese herbal tea is known for its medicinal properties.
Apart from making healthy and popular Chinese dishes, the Chinese also like to give a good food presentation. For them, the taste and texture are two vital elements of food. Hence, they make sure that the ceramic used also complements the food being served. Even something as simple as choosing the right ceramic can improve can already appetising and exciting dish like beef ribs.